IS JAPAN COOL? TOKYO
1. Introduced in the popular Japanese robot animation “Mobile Suit Gundam,” an 18-meter real-life statue of the RX-78-2, a human-shaped mobile weapon, was recreated.
* The huge robot-like mobile suit extends human actions and fights enemies as a military machine.
2. This popular statue briefly appeared in Odaiba in summer 2009, attracting frenzied Gundam fans. And in 2012, it returned to new Diver City Tokyo.
3. Gundam Front Tokyo is located near the statue. This provides entertainment space for fans to experience the world of Gundam, directly and physically.
4. Gundam-related souvenirs and food including gunpla-yaki are sold at Gundam Café.