IS JAPAN COOL? TOKYO
1. Teen fashionista who rules the social scene near Harajuku Station in Tokyo. Her distinctive dressing style shows unique taste.
2. She is super-sensitive to trends, but also values her own individual style and fashion interpretations.
3. Whatever she likes is called kawaii, which doesn’’t always mean “cute” as originally.
4. She may even display broad knowledge of manga and pop music subcultures.
5. Like most Harajuku girls, she will probably “graduate” from this stage by age 20 and become an ordinary OL (office lady).