IS JAPAN COOL? TOKYO
1. A broadcasting tower in Minato Ward, Tokyo, which started operation in 1958.
2. The Tokyo Tower is 333 meters high, making it the tallest freestanding steel tower in Japan until Tokyo Sky Tree was completed.
3. The tower is illuminated every day from sunset to midnight. According to urban legend, love will stay strong for any couple that sees the lights go out.
4. Observation decks at elevations of 145, 150, and 250 meters provide panoramic views of Tokyo. There is also a popular glass-floor “look-down window.”
5. As new landmarks spring up around the city, Tokyo Tower retains its iconic stature on the Tokyo landscape.
Licenced by TOKYO TOWER