Fushimi Inari Taisha
1. Fushimi Inari Taisha is one of the Shinto shrines in Kyoto. It attracts more visitors offering New Year’s prayers than any other shrine and temple in the Kinki region.
2. This is the head shrine of the Inari Jinja (shrine) or Oinari-san, which has spread across Japan to about 30,000 locations, attracting worshippers for over 1,300 years.
3. There are as many as 10,000 torii gates dedicated by worshippers on the Inariyama Mountain behind the shine. This area called Senbon Torii (literally, 1,000 torii gates) is famous for its “tunnel” of vividly-colored red torii lined up with little space between gates. Thanks to its fantastic beauty, Senbon Torii has become a tourist attraction beloved by people around the world.
4. Because there are no closing hours, you can enter the premises at night to enjoy a spectacular nighttime view of Kyoto.
5. It can be an ideal place for a romantic date. But you should wear sensible attire because there are steep steps and mountain trails.